Hamilton Square Estates Limited is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of UK data protection law, the data controller is Hamilton Square Estates Limited.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our website (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; and
- information about your visit.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you.;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to tell us not to use your personal information for marketing purposes. You can exercise this right by unsubscribing using the link in any of the marketing emails we send you.
UK data protection law also gives you the right to access your personal information, to object to the use of your personal information for certain purposes, and the right to erase, restrict or receive a machine-readable copy of your personal information. You can exercise any of these rights by contacting us at the address above.
We will comply with the law in responding to your requests. That means that there may be some legal reasons why we cannot comply with all requests.
We hope that we will be able to answer any questions or concerns that you have. You have the right at any time to raise your concern with the Information Commissioner’s Office at: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
This policy explains what cookies we use on our website and how you can refuse or withdraw your consent to cookies. You can find out more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.
Cookies used in this website
We only use two types of cookie on this website:
These are typically required by us to make sure you can move freely from one page to another and so that you can access and use certain services within the website. Normally these cookies only last while your browser is open and are deleted when it is closed. Some may need to remain for longer than the duration of your visit (or “session”).
These cookies allow you to set and store preferences for the website, such as when you are offered the option to customise elements of the layout or content of the website. These cookies may also help us to monitor, debug and optimise the performance of the website. These cookies remain after you close your browser to remember your actions and preferences when you return to our website.
Some websites use persistent cookies to provide targeted advertising based on your device’s browsing history, but not ours!
You may refuse to accept cookies by altering the settings on your internet browser. For more information about how to do this, look at your browser “help” section or visit www.allaboutcookies.org or www.youronlinechoices.eu.
If you adjust your internet browser settings to refuse the setting of cookies, you may not be able to access or use fully certain parts or functionality of our website.
Updates to this policy
So that we can offer you the best possible online experience, new services using cookies may be added to our website from time to time. We aim to keep the cookie information provided here as accurate as possible and use all reasonable efforts to review regularly and update the details.